Friday, 30 April 2010

By the seaside


Last week I went on a day trip to Swanage with some friends. We enjoyed a lovely day in the sunshine! a long walk around the bays and then an icecream on the seaside.

Swanage is a small coastal town in the south east of Dorset, England and is approximately 10 km south of Poole and 40 km east of Dorchester.

The town, originally a small port and fishing village flourished in the Victorian era, when it first became a significant quarrying port and later a seaside resort for the rich of the day. Today the town remains a popular tourist resort, this being the town's primary industry, with many thousands of visitors coming to the town during the peak summer season, drawn by the bay's sandy beaches and other attractions.

So my theme this week is 'By the seaside' and these are some of the lovely items I have chosen from my fellow Folksy shops.


Blue Stripes Minifelts
PANTSANDPAPER Dotty Monkey
LoveHector Ticketty Boo



Made With Love X CARDITZ
AmyOrangeJuice Beady Pool
The Smiling Heart Widget and Friends

17 comments:

  1. These are all really lovely, great theme, think my fav might be the boat cushion but I love the little hut cushion too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collection! Really, makes me think of all things summery and really, really makes me want to go on holiday! Thanks for including my beach hut cushion x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely collection, I've just had a seaside break and these items bring it all back! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great selection, just wish the sun would come out now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for featuring my Row of Beach Huts brooch.

    I love the camper van tea cosy!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for including my boat cushion in your collection. You have chosen some great items,
    Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and summery! I spent many a happy holiday in Swanage when I was a kid, so this brought back some lovely memories!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely collection of stuff, I wish I had a beach hut to put them all in! Thanks for including my little boats! Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh great picks! Love the beach hut cushion! : ) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this selection - especially the tea cosy! Please come and see my FF book club collection if you can! Cheers Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely choices - I can't choose a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous items! Just wish I lived near the sea and could fill my home with these beautiful things! Thanks for using my little seaside heart hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely picks! Adore the beach hut brooch (-:

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have very similar taste as my theme this week is boats, I love the wee seagull, he's very cute! Great picks.
    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely blog and super theme-I love being beside the sea. I really like the stained glass- Thank you so much for featuring my tea cosy too, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab choices, and thank you for including my bracelet. Such a gorgeous variety of seaside themed picks, so difficult to choose my favourite. Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great choices and a great theme. I used to go on holiday to Swanage when I was little, bet it's changed a lot since then! Thanks very much for including my seagull :)

    ReplyDelete